Melanie's Inaugural post!

At a dinner party last night, I was speaking to 2 other mamas about what else? our children... One of them lamented, "What have I done wrong?" at one point the other said" You too? I thought it was just me!" I am constantly surprised to hear similar worries, concerns, and complaints come from other mothers (sometimes word for word!) as we compare notes, confess, and just unload stories of our families to each other. My point of this inaugural post here on Gypsy+Hippie, is that we are all going through the same things! Yes, every story is a bit different. We are all wearing different shoes (new, old, tight, comfy, fancy, worn in, smelly (mine...)), but we are all walking the same road; Motherhood. So let's talk to each other more! It's so easy to get caught up in your own space, just trying to get through the day with babies/kids, that we forget how important simple, adult conversation can be. Seek it out! Call another mom, join the Y, take a class, go to the Library, speak to the lady next in line at the grocery store. TALK! I learn something new everyday from another mother. So let's be kind to each other, be good listeners, support one another, try new ideas, and LAUGH. Because dude, this ride is hilarious. If we don't laugh, we're crying and rocking in a corner, and no one wants to see that.
xo Melanie

1 comment: